To qualify under Standard Visitor Visa for business purposes, there are basic requirements which must be met. Applicants must demonstrate that they intend to undertake business activities including:
- Attending meetings or conferences
- Arranging deals
- Negotiating or signing trade agreement or contracts
- Undertaking fact-finding missions
- Checking details or goods
- Conducting site visits and promotional activities
They must only visit the UK for a maximum of six (6) months, show that they will be able to financially support themselves (if necessary, with the support of friends and family) and meet the cost of their onward journey. They must not undertake any paid or unpaid employment in the UK.